Authors are invited to submit abstracts only if they really intend to participate in the congress.
All submissions must be in English and describe original work that has not been published or submitted elsewhere. All abstracts will be reviewed by at least two members of the Scientific Peer Review Committee in a double-blind peer-review process.
Abstracts sent by email will not be accepted. Abstracts must be uploaded on the on-line management conference system EasyChair available at:
To send contributions you must first register on EasyChair creating an account or, if you are already registered, you can use the one you have. To register for the first time, choose “Create an account” on the first page and follow the instructions. It is important to enter complete data by carefully filling in the format, entering real data and valid e-mails so that the congress organization can contact you.
Abstract submission deadline: March 31st, 2021
To send the abstracts, connect to the EasyChair system by entering the login and password obtained from the previous registration and choose “Make a New Submission”, then:
- fill in the data of the authors and tick “Corresponding Author” so that the email address indicated (at least one) receives communications from the organizers;
- enter the title and abstract in the prefixed fields (maximum 4000 characters including spaces and references);
choose the topic of interest to which the paper will refer:
- COLOR AND MEASUREMENT / INSTRUMENTATION. Colorimetry, photometry and color atlas: method, theory and instrumentation; quality control and food coloring, dyes, organic and sustainable color.
- COLOR AND DIGITAL. Reproduction, management, digital color correction, image processing, graphics, photography, film and video production, printmaking and 3D print, artificial vision, virtual reality, multispectral imaging, data visualization.
- COLOR AND LIGHTING. Metamerism, color rendering, adaptation, color constancy, appearance, illusions, color memory and perception, color in extra-atmospheric environments, lighting design, lighting technologies, visual comfort.
- COLOR AND PHYSIOLOGY. Mechanisms of vision in their experimental and theoretical aspects, color vision and color appearance, deficiencies, abnormalities, clinical and biological aspects, synesthesia, health, well-being.
- COLOR AND PSYCHOLOGY. Phenomenology of colors, color harmonies, color & form, perceptive, emotional, aesthetic and diagnostic aspects.
- COLOR AND PRODUCTION. Food and beverages, agriculture, textiles, plastic materials, ceramics, paints, gemology, color in the food industry.
- COLOR AND RESTORATION. Archaeometry, painting materials, diagnostics and techniques of conservation, restoration and enhancement of cultural heritage.
- COLOR AND ENVIRONMENT. Representation and drawing, urban planning, project of color, architecture, interior design, landscapes & horticulture, color and architectural syntax, territorial identities, biodiversity.
- COLOR AND DESIGN. Furniture, CMF design, fashion, textiles, textures, cosmetics, food design, museography.
- COLOR AND CULTURE. Arts and crafts, history, philosophy, aesthetics, ethno-anthropology, graffiti, geology, sociology, lexicology, semantics, anthropology of vision, food culture and heritage, color naming.
- COLOR AND EDUCATION. Pedagogy, didactics of color, aesthetic education, artistic education.
- COLOR AND COMMUNICATION / MARKETING. Graphics, communication, packaging, lettering, exposure, advertising.
Presentations can be oral or poster, the authors must indicate their preference (the final decision will be up to the organizing committee); enter at least 3 keywords relating to your abstract; a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the corresponding author that the abstract has been correctly sent to the organizers. By May 5th, 2021, the organizers will communicate if the work has been accepted with any suggestions for drafting the final paper.
The final manuscript must be sent by July
15th 31st, 2021. The deadline for submitting papers on Easychair has been extended again to August 15. After this date, papers will no longer be accepted for the publication of the Congress proceedings. Papers must be submitted only through the Easychair online system, do not send email.
Please note that at least one of the authors of the accepted submissions must register for the congress and send the Transfer_of_Copyright by May
15th 22th 29th 2021, participate in the congress and present the work in the format decided by the organizing committee (full oral or short presentation). The registration of 1 author is valid for the submission of a maximum of 1 abstract/paper.
Each author and/or co-author wishing to participate in the congress must pay the registration fee.
People who have not previously registered to the congress and paid the registration fee will not be admitted to the congress.
Only the accepted papers that will have been presented (oral or poster) during the Congress will be published in the AIC2021 Proceedings. Papers not uploaded to Easychair within the indicated deadline will not be published in the proceedings. Papers that do not comply with the template required by the AIC will not be published in the AIC proceedings. Please read carefully the instructions on the Final Paper Submission Guidelines page. As requested by the AIC, only the papers of the abstracts that have been accepted after the double-blind peer review closed on May 2021, and the Awards, will be published in the proceedings.
Plans are underway to have the best papers, in extended version, selected for possible publication in some reputable journal as a special issue. Detailed information are available on the congress website.